It's been a long time since I've done a bullet update (complete with pictures). Here it goes...
- I published this blog with the title "Thursday Bullets". Things have been nuts around here. Why did I think that they would actually slow down at some point? Ha... that will never happen.
- Our house is finally almost done. There will always be little projects (or big ones like a new deck), but we have a whole lifetime to get all of that accomplished. The most recent project? Adding our
whitecream picket fence. Now we just need the 1.2 kids in the yard and we'll be the perfect American family, right? (no mom... that's not happened yet)
- And we're still representing OH-IO.
- We're finding a lot of these guys around. As long as they stay outside, I'm cool with them.
- Charlie celebrated her 8th birthday last week. It's hard to believe that she went from this
- And just for my mom and dad... this is what her upstairs toy basket looks like. Yes, we live in a tennis community. And yes she brings those home when we walk each morning.
- Buddy had a rough weekend. Friday night, just as we were heading out for date night, we noticed he was bleeding. He had just chased a cat and somehow managed to cut himself really bad (maybe on the bush he ran through to try to get the cat). Needless to say, he didn't win the battle with the bush, ended up having emergency surgery and having stitches put in his butt. He's been walking around with a shaved pink butt like a baboon, trying desperately to rip the stitches out (thankfully, it's probably the only place on his body that he can't reach). We've had a few rough days with him no sleeping and just crying and crying. If this is what parenting is like, that 1.2 child might not happen. I can't do the sleepless nights. He couldn't handle it either. This is how he ended the night on Tuesday... mmmm good drugs...
- I finally felt like "me" on my bike today - as in I didn't totally suck. The first two rides, my brake was on and that's my excuse. Saturday I felt pretty good, but it was hot and Tom and I had both had horrible night sleeps with Buddy being in the vet. So today we went out on the same route we did Saturday. We rode it 15 minutes faster today (it was only a 20 mile course). I don't know if I should be proud of that or ashamed of Saturday's ride. :) No brake problems today... now if I could just remember that I was in my 52 front ring while climbing the wall by our house I probably wouldn't have feared for my life that I was going to start rolling down backward.
- I can't wait to share some great things that I recently received and want to rave about. Here's a hint...