Race Schedule and Results

Friday, January 2, 2009

I have seen this in a couple of blogs and really liked it. Hope you enjoy it as well.
  • What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Learn to accept me for me. I still struggle with it a little, but I can look at myself and be proud of what I see and who I am a little more because of last year.
  • Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I honestly can't tell you what mine were - I guess I didn't keep them. I didn't really make resolutions, but goals for myself, my company, etc.
  • Did anyone close to you give birth? I think Liz is the only person
  • Did anyone close to you die? no - thankfully!
  • What countries did you spend time in this year? The FP - Tahiti, Raiatea, Bora Bora, Ta'haa
  • What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I wish I had hit 50 in my dealer count with work. I really had a bad year in getting new customers and that's a goal for 09.
  • What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 11/01/08 - I became and Ironman!
  • What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing the Ironman with a smile on my face
  • What was your biggest failure? My lack of "go-get-em" with regard to work.
  • Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? No - I'm very blessed for that
  • Whose behaviour merited celebration? My hubby always should get kudos for his love and patience with me - I know I'm not easy on him sometimes.
  • Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed? There are a couple of people on Tom's side of the family that surprised me. Biggest was probably my sister in law's. She's a very little person and it took a rough year to realize that. I think some of the situations with her really opened my eyes to how other people in his family really feel. It's a sad and hard situation.
  • Where did most of your money go? Bills, stuff I didn't need like tri gear and clothes! :)
  • What did you get really, really, really excited about? Racing - for once it was fun to really push myself and the results of my efforts were definitely in my favor!
  • Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? happier

b) thinner or fatter? hum... maybe a little fatter, but that will change now that the holidays are gone!

c) richer or poorer? um... I dunno. I guess the same.

  • What do you wish you'd done more of? worked
  • What do you wish you'd done less of? played
  • Did you fall in love in 2008? I fall in love all over every day - sappy but true
  • Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate's a tough word. I dislike VERY much my sister in law. I think she's doing a lot of stupid things which will only hurt her and her children down the road. It's a lonely road without family and just because kids are involved doesn't mean that what she's doing is acceptable.
  • What was the best book you read? The Last Lecture
  • What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 28. We were in Vegas for my b-day last year. :)
  • What political issue stirred you the most? The whole campaign was pretty interesting. It's the first time that I really took time to get involved. I think I was finally mature enough to know that the results either way would affect me.
  • Who did you miss? I have lost contact with a few friends from Huntington and high school that I wish I was in better contact with. It's never too late though right?
  • Who was the best new person you met? One person? That's not possible. I met 6 great new girls and their hubbies/boyfriends. They have become unbelievable friends in a very short time. Steph, Liz, Rhiannon, Trisha, Em and Christina - I love you girls! Tracy and Jim are two triathletes that I'm honored to know - they are ranked in the world, yet as down to earth as they come. Someday I hope to keep up with them!
  • Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. You really only get one life. Tom says this all the time and I really took that to heart this year. It saddens me when people do things that they aren't happy about because they think that they have to. Surround yourself with people you like, do things you enjoy, and remember that you only get one lifetime to do what you want.

4 comments:

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

::blush::

Steve Stenzel said...

Wait, there's such a thing as tri gear you DON'T NEED?!?!?

HA!

Nice rundown!

Marci said...

I've seen this on other blogs as well... guess it's time to add it to mine!

Loving how your biggest achievement was finishing Ironman with a smile on your face :)

We are the Ferrari's said...

We love you guys too!