Thanks to FitFluential, I was given the opportunity to test drive the new Mizuno Wave Rider 17's which are being released to the public on December 5th. I have loved older versions of the Wave Rider and was super excited to get a sneak peak at the newest version, the lightest Wave Rider yet.
I'm a visual running shoe buyer - I find a pair that I like and then want a color I like. Since they hadn't been released yet, I had no clue what they would look like. I was super excited when I opened the box and found these:
I have become a fan of darker shoes and I loved the pink and light teal (they look a little more green and purple on the website, but they are definitely pink and teal!). And the toe box had an awesome metallic band that I was digging for sure. They looked a lot like my older versions, but they were super light. I was shocked by the weight (around 8 ounces). I was worried that this would impact the cushioning that I've come to love with the Wave Rider, but that's not the case at all.
This is really a great all around neutral shoe. I've come to expect this from Mizuno, but with the Wave Rider 17, Mizuno stepped it up a notch!
- U4ic midsole delivers lightweight, resilient cushioning.
- Dissolving upper fit with new DMF execution and soft, supple mesh materials.
- New sockliner with increased resiliency and responsiveness.
- SmoothRide Engineer for a Brilliant Run.
- Lateral Forefoot Sculpting for smooth touchdown and transition.
- Blown rubber forefront with deep flex grooves for optimal flexibility and cushioning.
- MSRP: $114.99