Race Schedule and Results

Friday, December 19, 2014

Okay... so here's the scoop

I realized that many of you know what's going on in our lives simply because I'm addicted to Facebook and Instagram.  But for those of you who don't know (or just want to read it) here's the update...

Family:
We'll, it's just the three (four if you count to furry four legged one) and we couldn't be happier. Seriously when people say that you don't understand the love of a child until you have one, it's so true. I always heard "blah blah blah" when people said that (usually when I told them that I was choosing to not have children and then needed to defend my stance), but I get it now and am continuously blown away by the love my heart feels for Abby.  Don't get me wrong, she's a ton of work, but man... she's totally awesome!  Now as far as having another (because I guess when they hit the 16-18 month mark that's the next questions)... we'll just leave it at we are super happy with our little family of 3. :)



Work:
So a lot has changed in the last year.  Tom got his real estate license back in November of last year. He was ready for a change and jumped in with both feet to a new career.  Knowing that the first year for most agents can be a tough one, we had many talks about back up plans and how long we would give it before moving on.  Well... needless to say it's been AMAZING.  So much so that I got my license in May of this year and we have been running with it non-stop ever since. And we sold Captain, the company we started back in 2005.  That was huge for us.  There were times in the last few years where we considered walking away from the company and doing something new for various reasons.  We took a chance listing it with a broker this past spring and within 4 weeks we had a buyer.  It's been such a blessing to us to have to stay alive under new ownership (for so long, this was our baby) but it's also been a huge blessing to have it off our plate.  And how many 34 year olds can say that they started and sold a company by my age. (really all the credit goes to Tom because he did it all, but I "technically" owned the majority of the company so, you know...).

Athletics:
It's not easy balancing everything and I have always struggled with this.  Now that Abby controls when I eat, sleep and go to the bathroom, working out has been super difficult.  We run outside thankfully as much as possible with her in the BOB, but man... I thought that I would eventually get used to the hills of Georgia and I haven't.  I struggle a lot.  And it's frustrating.  I have brought my bike out of hibernation and have it on the trainer.  I love riding my bike so I'm hoping that I start loving indoor training too.  It's funny how your perspective can change about riding on the roads once you have a child and well, it's just a really scary place and I'm terrified to ride around her outside.  So the trainer it is.  After the first of the year I'm hitting up the aquatic center and joining that too.  So what does that mean for racing???  I'm itching to get back into it, which is funny given the fact that I have no clue how I'm ever going to train.  But, we are doing a few tris and running events in 2015 and I'm excited.  First up will be the Inaugural Suwanee Half Marathon on 1/31.  I'm sure it's going to pretty much kill me and that's alright.  Then we are doing the Gulf Coast tri in May in PCB and I'm excited about that.  Finally my big hairy goal is a PR at the HFP Deer Creek Half in September back in Ohio.  I have a long way to go, but I'm ready to get back into racing and feel like a triathlete again.

Life:
So that's pretty much it.  We sleep, we work, we try to play.  And then we repeat.  Life is good.  We had some rough times in the last two years or so and I can finally say that life is good.  We are happy and healthy and see great things for 2015!  What more can a girl ask for?

4 comments:

Kristin Deaton said...

OH my those pictures are adorable. I am so glad you will be easing back into training and racing. Perhaps I can join you on a few!!! Hugs

Alisa said...

yay!

Aunt Nan said...

Well written day in the life of....I don't know how you juggle it all. Can't wait to see you. xo

Aakash said...

thank you for sharing it

Biography
Music Lyrics
New Jersey Vape
Pawsome Pet Wellness
Hd Wallpaper