- It's my birthday week! YAY! I'm turning 30 and I'm totally fine with it. My mom said "my baby is turning 30" to my grandma and she in turn told my mom she shouldn't be surprised since she's already 60. Nice! I think maybe my mom is having a harder time with it than me. Maybe it's because when my mom was my age, she already had two children and she's desperately hoping that one of these days I tell her that I'm not scared to death of being a mom and will provide her with a grand baby! :) I love you momma!
- Speaking of my birthday, I have the best friends in the world! On Saturday night, 18 of us went to Dave and Busters (which is like Chuck-E-Cheese for big kids) and we had the best time. It's amazing how simple things like dinner and games with my friends makes me realize how fortunate I am to have such a close group of girls and guys to call friends. I love you all! Here are some pictures from the night...
- So at said b-day party, my friends got me some amazing gifts - restaurant gift cards, Sugar Daddies brownies, cookie monster sandwiches and best of all, an Ironman charm for my Pandora bracelet. It has 2 m-dots on it and two 140.6's. I'm sure the place they got it will shut down soon because of trademark issues so I'm glad that I got it when I did! :) It's perfect and really, can an Ironman have too much stuff to remind them of their accomplishments???? I think not!
- We're leaving for Gatlinburg on Friday with my best friend and her husband. I'm so excited. We rented an unbelievable cabin on the mountain and I can't wait to get away. I think we all need the vacation. We have some fun things planned too - the guys are skiing, Rhiannon and I are outlet mall shopping, we're hitting up the pancake places each morning and we're watching the Super Bowl. The cabin has 3 bedrooms, a hot tub, a pool table, an air hockey table, etc. It looks like my little slice of heaven from the pictures!
- Workouts have been going well. I ran a 50:38 10k the other day (it was on the treadmill, but whatever). I'm getting closer and closer to a sub-50 which is a goal this year. I about died on the treadmill, but it's in sight!
- I'm still doing the "challenges" - you know, the sit ups, push up, and squats. It's going well. Back in December when I started, I couldn't do more than 11 girlie push ups at a time. The other day I tested at 19 full push ups and counting! It'll take me all year to get anywhere near 100, but it's progress! The sit ups are going great too... I feel much stronger. The squats are my enemy. They aren't as hard, but I think they hurt my knees a little. That or the biking and running that I've been putting them through. Ehhh... whatever!
- My first "race" is a month away... an indoor tri. I'm working hard to see where I'm at then.
- But... I haven't biked or ran outside since before Christmas
- And I only swam twice in January.