Race Schedule and Results

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Aquagear

I don't usually do reviews for stores that contact me, but I recently received a really nice email from Julie at Aquagear.  It came at a perfect time, as I've started swimming again (**GASP** I know, right?) and I was in need of some gear (seems my community pool doesn't have things like kick boards and hand paddles).  I don't like going to places like Sports Authority for my swim gear (don't ask... I just don't) and well, I have yet to find a store around here that sells swim gear.  Julie must have been reading my mind.

Aquagear is a family owned and operated store out of West Palm Beach and when Julie contacted me, we discussed me just taking a look at the site, shopping around a little bit and letting her know what I thought.  She graciously gave me a little bit of money to spend as well so that I could get a few new things. 

I have to tell you, I loved the site.  It's not overly frilly and fluffy.  If you need gear for training... they have what you need.  And I was impressed with the prices and the variety.  I found exactly what I needed, the items were in stock, check out was painless and I had a box on my front porch in a matter of a few days.  **and yes, that's a swim cap that I ordered.  I have a bazillion of them.  But, this one was super cute.  If I can't swim fast, I might as well have a cute swim cap for everyone to admire, right?** 

Like I said, I'm not one to usually review stores, BUT... if you are in need of some swim training equipment, goggles, etc, check out Aquagear.  They will take good care of you.

And... if you enter the code CBKingeryBlogFiveP, they will give you 5% off.  :)
 

**And of course, here's a little disclaimer for the legal people.  The opinions of this review are my own.  I did not pay for the items that were sent to me by this company.**

8 comments:

TriMOEngr said...

I loved their selection of swim caps! LOL I like your idea of looking good even if you don't swim fast. Lots of neat toys. Glad to hear you are "diving back in".

Matthew Smith said...

I love free things, or people that let you shop for free! How sweet is that! If I end up using the same pool, I might have to get some gear from them.


I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow! Yay for blogger meetups!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Cool, thanks for sharing, I dont have a local swim store, closest one is way over in Ghanna

Carolina John said...

I know there are a ton of triathlon stores in Atlanta, but right now their names have all escaped my brain. Glad you found one you liked!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I'll have to check it out now!! Love the cap!! :)

Jason said...

Thanks for the heads up. We can always have more insight into places for comparison shopping.

And I like the idea of a cool swim cap. I mean I swim like molasses going uphill so why not have the ability to showcase my head to all the on-lookers.

MissFancyPants said...

love the swim cap!! i'll have to check it out!

Molly said...

very cool!!