Bullet Point Style (you love it, admit it)
- I got to experience my first NFL game last night and it just so happened to be a Monday night game - double whammy. Tom bought tickets for me to give him for his birthday (nice of him, huh). He assured me that I would love the seats and that I would have the time of my life. I will say that it was an experience to say the least. My cheering neighbor had a smile that looked like this and gave a disclaimer when he got to his seat with his Papa John's pizza that he'd be loud and everybody would know it. Yay... The lady behind me yelled out quotes from the Honey Boo Boo show. And we had the police called to our section twice for fighting... once for a Bronco fan and a Falcons fan, both of whom I'm assuming had consumed their fair share of the $7.50 beers (I base this solely on the fact that the Bronco fan was pretty much hugging the cop to tell him his side of the story). The other... two older women fighting about season tickets, while one was sipping on her smuggled in miniature bottle of wine and peanuts. The game was fun... looooong (who starts a game at 8:30 at night anyway?), but I really enjoyed the experience. And I know that Tom had a great time so that's all that matters.
- Nothing needs to be said about this one...
- It's starting to look like fall in Suwanee. The seasons are fun for Tom and I because we don't know quite what it's going to be like. It's still in the 80's (while in Ohio, they have had some days in the 60's), but I think we'll like it. Leaves are changing and falling, pumpkins are everywhere. I just need to find some good apples to make sauce this year (since I haven't seen a single Macintosh, my go to apple of choice).
- I wrote before about loving Chobani yogurt and they contacted me, telling me super exciting news that they have my favorite flavor, pineapple, in six packs. While I've yet to find a six pack of any flavor around, Chobani graciously sent me a free six pack. I love companies like this. That's really really great customer service!!! Plus I feel like a rockstar because the "champions" eat it and well, maybe that'll rub off on me.
- Which leads me to training. It's been hit or miss to say the least. Ya'll know I pulled out of the Ironman. I decided to run the Atlanta marathon on October 28th, but after two weekends of 14+ mile runs, I thought maybe it would be more fun to run the relay with some friends. Thus the Diet Coke Mafia was born. Oh yeah... we are going to be a kick ass team. Thanks Karen and Charity for deciding to join in my craziness.
- Oh... and Karen. This girl rocks. Seriously, if you don't follow her blog, you should. She's training for her second Beach to Battleship which she is going to do amazing. We were supposed to go to a training camp in PCB on Labor day weekend together. Something came up and I couldn't go last minute. I felt horrible. She still went and had an amazing training weekend, and sent me this to brighten my weekend. Absolutely awesome friend!!!!
- And finally, this one's for the girls (and maybe the guys... who knows). Have you ever bought a pair of jeans simply because of the size on the tag? I literally went to Costco and had a pair of Lucky Brand jeans in my hands and couldn't bring myself to buy them because of the number on the tag (sad and pathetic, I know). I then went to another store, found a pair that looked and fit just like them, and they were TWO sizes smaller. You bet your ass I bought them. And I might go get another pair. Just because. :)