Back in December, Running Skirts sent me one of their newest skirts from their collection, along with a sports bra and compression socks. I had been putting off reviewing it until I could get a good warm day to wear it and get the full effect. It fit me back when I got it and I'll be a little honest when I say that I was worried it wouldn't fit this past weekend with my growing belly. But alas... it did!!!
So I took the skirt out of the package and immediately noticed the long under short. Score one for Running Skirts! I noted that this was from the "athletic line". Their Athletic Skirts are made from a really light fabric which is quick drying and are a little roomier than the Running Skirt line. They all come with compression shorts starting at 5" inseam and two side pockets that velcro close. The waist band is wide and comfortable. So far so good. I put it on and even 19 weeks pregnant, the skirt fit great. Off for a run I went.
I'm in love. With a skirt. That a I can run in. Finally!
I'm super pleased. I've washed the skirt and it came out great. I've worn it around just as a kick around and it's super comfy. I'm worried that as I get bigger, this one is going to seem smaller, but Running Skirts used to have a maternity line and I anxious to see what those skirts are all about if they still have them. Hello, maternity running skirts? I'm all over that. I will hopefully be able to get my hands on one to review for you because we know how hard good maternity clothes, let alone good maternity running clothes are!
Yesterday I wore the compression socks around all day and then on my bike. I love me some compression socks! These were awesome... soft, long enough to cover my entire bottom leg, tight enough to feel the compression, and super cute with the pink heart on the side.
The sports bra is a little small. Okay, a lot small, but that's mainly because I'm pregnant. It would have fit me 20 weeks ago. I'm going to hold onto it and wear it when I'm back down to a normal human size chest.
Overall, I'm loving the Running Skirt line. I finally found a skirt that I love. They have a ton of cute colors and styles. And their customer service is awesome (if you get a skirt and aren't 100% satisfied, they will refund you or exchange it for 30 days!) Oh... and they are offering my readers 15% off at their website by using the code "sharethelove13". Trust me, you will be happy in this skirt and these socks. Really, really happy. :) Thank you Running Skirts - you have a lifelong fan!
Oh... and because I'm pregnant - here's a little teeny tiny baby update.
- How far along? 20 weeks, 1 day
- Total weight gain: Just about 10 pounds total (I think I'm up exactly 10 pounds according to the doctor's scale)! :)
- Maternity clothes? Yes. They are glorious. :) I'm still wearing some of my own stuff though. And luckily I work from home and the office attire is yoga pants and tee shirts. Again, I'm hoping to try out one of those glorious maternity Running Skirts!
- Stretch marks? Nope. I slather myself in cocoa-butter every chance I get. I know that hasn't been proven to stop stretch marks, but it can't hurt.
- Sleep: Sleep is getting a little difficult. Part of it has to do with Charlie who, God love her, is a cuddler. And by cuddler I mean she's a "I-have-to-be-touching-you-at-all-times-and-preferable-in-the-smallest-crevice-I-can-find" kind of way. And she doesn't do it with Tom. So he's sprawled and I'm in the shape of a pretzel. Also, I have heard that around this time I shouldn't be sleeping on my back and I'm naturally a back sleeper. So I go to sleep on my side, wake up freaked out that I'm on my back and go to my side. This cycle repeats often throughout the night.
- Best moment this week: At my 20 week appointment this week, seeing our little girl moving like crazy. I haven't felt her move yet so this was pretty awesome.
- Miss Anything? Someone asked me that this weekend and really, I don't. I wasn't much of a drinker so I don't miss the alcohol. And really, that's all that I absolutely gave up.
- Movement: No. Which is bothersome to me some days and I'm totally fine with it others. I have felt some bubbling feelings a time or two and I'm *thinking* that might be her moving, but I don't know.
- Food cravings: I'm not really craving anything, but I can't get enough of a snack consisting of an apple, 2% cheddar cheese and some pretzels. Seriously a great combo.
- Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope... am I jinxing myself or what?
- Gender: Girl... thankfully they confirmed that today or else we would have been returning a lot of girl stuff and repainting some walls!
- Labor Signs: Nope
- Symptoms: Um, I feel like a hippo. I have a giant belly. I have gone up two bra sizes. I eat anything that's not nailed to the table. Are those symptoms enough?
- Belly Button in or out? It's in, but I can tell it's changing and that makes me laugh.
- Wedding rings on or off? On... no swelling yet.
- Happy or Moody most of the time: I feel like I'm happy, but I guess the person to answer this would be Tom. If I get snappy with him, I usually cry and apologize because he's been so amazing to me that I feel bad.
- Looking forward to: Hanging her name on the wall above her crib now that we know for sure that she is a she.