Race Schedule and Results

Monday, December 24, 2007

Finally... Christmas is here (well almost)

We had Christmas with Janet and Jay today and what a great time! It's the first time that we've had Christmas here on Christmas Eve and I really liked the tradition that we might have started. We weren't rushed at all, like in years past and really had a great time. They spoiled up like always... and I even got a running skirt which to this point, is one of the highlights of the holiday. Tomorrow morning we're going to get a run in and then relax to open our gifts, then head to mom and dad's to spend the day with them and the Juth's. I'm looking forward to it.

I broke down and made sugar cookies - well kinds of made sugar cookies. I tried something new and the verdict is out on them. Tom loves them. Janet commented that the icing really helps get them down. :) I made them with half whole wheat flour, splenda, egg beaters and light butter. That helped me feel like I wasn't doing a bad thing by making them. I think that they turned out relatively good. They don't taste like cookies. Well maybe cookies, but not sugar cookies. Tom things that they taste kind of like oatmeal cookies. I think it's a sign that maybe I shouldn't experiment with cookie recipes. If I can't make them healthy and tasty, then I shouldn't be having them! Ha, oh well. It was worth the try!

With the new year upon me, I want to take the opportunity to talk about my goals for the coming year. I know that this blog was supposed to be weight loss related and I'm going to make sure that it gets back on that track for 2008. It's kind of like my online journal of a never ending battle and even if there are only a handful of people that read it, it does what it's intended to do, which is keep me honest and accountable. So here are some goals:

1. Write in my blog at least 3 times a week. My blogs will be more of check ins for my accountability. Thank you for reading, it helps me a lot.
2. I'm going to start a food/exercise journal on paper. I need to identify what's holding me back in terms of weight loss. I have some ideas, but haven't taken the appropriate action to fix it. Maybe seeing it will help.
3. I'm going to make sure that I do my weight work out at least 3 times a week, if not 4 since that's going to make me a better triathlete, and overall, I stronger woman.
4. I'm going to take more time for me. Be it reading, maybe taking a walk alone, getting a massage, whatever. I want to learn to appreciate the woman that I am and the gifts that I have. I'm my biggest critic and it's keeping me from being 100% happy with EVERY aspect of my life.
5. I will complete the Ironman... in a skirt... with everyone watching... in under 15 hours (well at least in a skirt and with everyone watching... the time things is just a thought for now! ;)

I'm sure my list will continue to grow, but for now, that's a good start.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your holiday is the best yet!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Just one comment about how we feel about ourselves as women. Go to http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/home.asp and see the Onslaught movie. XOX me

Aunt Nan said...

Your list of goals for 2008 is mighty impressive and makes my list (what list???) seem pretty slim, if existant at all. I know you'll accomplish them all. You're pretty amazing. I love you,
Mom