Race Schedule and Results

Monday, December 31, 2007

A year for changes

I know I talk a lot about what changes I'm going to make and as the year winds down, Tom and I have really had a good chance to examine where we want to go next year, and I'm not talking vacation (although there are a few of those thrown in the mix just because!) We're really going to focus on making this a Captain year and that's very exciting. We've decided to make a lot of lifestyle changes in terms of eating (we're not dieting!), exercise, relationships with family and friends, personal changes and things together. 2008 will be an exciting year and I'm looking forward to it.

As for 2007, I guess I can't say that I'm glad to see it go. A lot happened:
  • In March, Grandma passed away and there isn't a day that goes by that something doesn't remind us of her. She sure is missed, but I personally gained such a different outlook on life just from watching her and I can't thank her enough for that!
  • Tom and I had some great vacation - we went to Vegas to see the our niece and nephew(and to gamble of course!), we went to Hocking Hills for some hiking, we went to Panama City Beach which quickly turned into our new favorite beach, and we went skiing in West Virginia.
  • The Ironman... need I say more?
  • Tom and I organized our first (and maybe last for a while) 4 mile race. We learned so much about ourselves and the world of race organizing. It was fun... at times! :)
  • Friends had babies (that's a scary thing... I guess first it was friends getting married, now I'm one of the only ones without a child! EEK! Although I do love being a pseudo-aunt)
  • Family had babies (two new cousins, although I forget if they are first or second based on their parents relationship to me)
  • My sister and I renewed our relationship which was a big turning point for me. I need her so much and I know that she's needed me. I'm so lucky to have her as not only my sister, but more importantly my friend!
  • My love for trialthon grew exponentially - it's something fun that Tom and I share together and not many people can say that their spouse makes the best training partner!
  • We got a new car! :)

I'm sure there is so much more that I could post on, but those are some of the major things that come to mind. 2008 will definitely not be dull in comparison. Between my Ironman, our next trip to Vegas, my sailing trip to Tahiti, the business and everything else, it's bound to be a good year!

Happy New Year's!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love you...it HAS been quite a year, hasn't it? I hope 2008 is a wonderful year for you and Tom...and you and I too! xoxo