I have envy. I'm envious. More specifically, I have sponsor envy.
It's a problem. I'm trying to deal with it. I'm trying to hide it. But I can't.
The hubby got his Team Type 1 race kit today. This was the second box of goodies that he's received from TT1. The first kit included 2 pairs of bike shorts, 2 bike jerseys, a jacket, a polo, and socks. Todays packet included a pair of tri shorts, a tri top, a tri suit, a vest, a windbreaker, a winter coat, arm warmers, a visor, a hat and another polo. Now granted he has to be a diabetic to get these things, but I want them. I want someone to send me free clothes. I could use free clothes.
I need a team (maybe I just want a team!). That's a lot harder than it sounds. I've applied to be on Team Bare Naked. They haven't responded. Last year I tried to be on Team Goody Stay Put. They didn't like me. Tom has found 5 or so teams that I should apply for -
- Team Timex (which all happen to be pros so that's out)
- Team Zoot/Gu (except I can't stomach a gu if my life depended on it... I'd be a great spokesperson for them, huh!)
- Team Terry (there are only 5 women on this team and they all live in the Eastern states)
- Team TriBar (they are organic and Vegan and well, I eat meat and animal products)
- Team Java Republic (I don't drink coffee)
Maybe I should start my own team. It could be the Average Triathletes that just like to have fun Team. Anyone wanna join? We could get clothes and hats and socks and stuff. I could send them to your house in big boxes. I would make it known that you were special. Then maybe your spouse could have sponsor envy too! :)