- The swim - not wetsuit legal. Ugh... and I say that because we haven't been swimming much, just doing drills with the TI tapes and I feel like I'm relearning swimming again so I was hoping to at least have the help of the wetsuit. I was totally uncomfortable with the swim which can be seen in the ridiculously slow time of 35:16 that it took me to finish. Oh, and the anti-fog solution that Tom used on my goggles was worthless. I could go on and on but I wouldn't bring you down!
- Run 1 (yes, this actually came before T1 - there was a run segment from the lake, up a hill, to T1). That took me 1:25 (although I'm glad that I didn't have to run it in my wetsuit)
- T1 - nothing special. I went to the wrong side of my rack and then had to climb under it to get my bike and gear. I'm a moron sometimes! T1 time was 1:08 which I liked seeing.
- Bike - the bike is 5 laps, half of each lap being done on a highway. It's nice because you can usually gain some speed on the entrance ramp to the highway, although each lap got progressively more windy. I could really feel myself pushing into the wind with the harder gears trying to keep a good steady pace and by lap 3, my IT was starting to hurt. If this was my last race, I would have just said "Screw it", but I have a long season ahead of me and I didn't want to risk more injury. I pulled back a little and averaged 20.64mph for the whole ride. Time - 1:12:06 (3rd fastest in my AG)
- T2 was a lot like T1 - just went through the motions. I was in and out in 1:22
- Run - I actually felt great. Ran a 8:48 pace and finished in 54:34. Was thrilled with that and happy that I pulled back a bit on the bike because the IT didn't bother me at all on the run.
- Overall, I finished in 2:45:51, 6th in my AG and 83rd of 159 overall. I'll take it.
- They took pictures and I will post them when I finally see them!
That's was the extent of my workouts though for the weekend. I think we're going to be pushing it hard this week though! :)
Congrats to all of you who finished Lake Placid yesterday. I was following quite a few people all day and happy to see everyone had finished. I'm anxious to hear how your individual races went! I know that the rain probably made it interesting! :)