Race Schedule and Results

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My new wetsuit

Don't laugh, but I have a huge fear of jelly fish. I'm fine training in water around here with high levels of E-Coli, but those little buggers aren't fun and that's one thing that scares the pants off of me about the Ironman Florida swim. Although I knew I'd be doing the race in a wetsuit for obvious reasons, I only had a sleeveless suit and that leaves a lot of attackable (yes that's a word) skin. Not to mention the fact that I need all the help I can get to be faster, so I started looking into a full suit kind of half-heartedly.

Tom got an email the other day for 50% off XTerra Vortex 2 full suits. Don't know if the sale is still going on, but you just have to enter XX50 when you add it to the cart. Sweeeeeeet!
So we ordered them and got a great deal- originally $398 a piece, got them for 50% off. It arrived yesterday. OH.... MY.... GAWD! The thing weighs a ton, but it's like I'm going to be wrapped in a floaty. These babies are the real thing!!! I'm so excited to try it out, although I'm going to have to wait a bit as I was nearly sweating during my swim yesterday without a wetsuit on.
And the best part - those jelly fish aren't going to have anything on me!

8 comments:

Liz said...

You totally crack me up! I hope your new suit saves you from those jellyfish! I heard on the news that Ohio is the 2nd worst in the US for e-coli in their waters. Doesn't that make you feel good?

JT said...

Good deal! I got stung by a jellyfish before, on my arm. It hurt BAD and left welts for a few months. I think that's a great plan to wear sleeves for protection!

teacherwoman said...

Those are some pretty sweet suits! You will have to take pics in them... for sure!

I would be afraid of the jellys as well! yuck.

Anonymous said...

I think you and Tom better start getting those suits on the day before...it'll probably take you that long. Love ya, hon.

Molly said...

I hate jellies too!
I would love to see pictures of them on and, for Mom, pictures of you getting them on :)
Congrats on the PR!
Take Care

Natalie said...

Enjoy your new suit!

TRI-ROB said...

Does your's come with the standard "bulge" or do you have to special order it?

Bah ha HA! I crack me up!

Nice suit!

Breathe...

Kristen said...

I love that you are so excited over wet suits! Hey, and I'd be thrilled too that they will keep you from a jellyfish attack. Care for me to swim in the lake with you and act like a jellyfish and see if you feel me???? LOL