Race Schedule and Results

Monday, May 18, 2009

My never ending funk...

No, it's not some weird smell I have going on. It's that darn ole' workout funk rearing it's big fat head again. I hate it! I finished the marathon 3 weeks ago and firmly believed that I would be amped to get into tri training. Um... yeah, not so much. I just haven't found my mojo.

I've had some funky thing going on with my upper quad lower butt area. When I run, it feels like someone's stabbing me with a sharp knife. I ran through 2 miles of it the other day and succumbed to the pain. Yesterday I made it a whopping 1:57. That's minutes and seconds, not hours and minutes! :( I had a great bike the other day - 42.25 miles averaging 18.5 so that made me super happy and I did get into the pool the other day to swim a quick 1500 meters, but otherwise, that's been about it. short runs here and there - a 10k, a 5k. A short bike when I gave up on running. But I'm just not excited about it. It's so frustrating because I want to be and when I'm not working out I am, but the minute it comes time to think about my work out, yuck!
Oh, did I mention I have a race in 3 weeks? What's a girl to do?

I took yesterday off and I'm taking today off. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up and miraculously be over my funk. A little dreaming never hurt.

Other news...

Tom was in a bike accident yesterday. He was concerned about how far he'd gone, knowing he wanted to get in 80 miles yesterday. About 3 mile from home, he was cruising along at about 20mph, toggling with his darn Cat Eye and he lost control. Next thing he knew he was on the ground and there were people around him (a nice man mowing his yard came to help and a car actually stopped). Besides his pride being a little tarnished, he did a good number to himself - a totally destroyed helmet (this is why we wear the ugly M F'ers!), a torn vets, jersey and arm sleeves, a nice road rash on his hip and back, cuts on his ankles, elbows and knuckles and most importantly, a broken hand! :( No damage to the bike though which according to him was the most important thing... he would much rather be damaged than his trusty inanimate object that he calls Boom. He managed to ride home and told me what happened. I went into freaked out wifey mode and babied him as much as I possibly could last night, but he finally gave in and went to the Urgent Care this morning to find out about the break. They have him in a cast and we have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor on Wednesday. Perfect timing for his Team Type 1 RAAM training camp in Moab Utah on Thursday! :( He's bummed to say the least. Please keep him in your thoughts for a quick recovery... Race Across America is only 32 days away! Here's a picture of him all bandaged from his "boxer break" (the kind of breaks boxers get when they hit things like people and walls... lovely).On a more positive note, Charlie (my little pup) is turning 5 on Thursday! I'm so in love with her and never in my wildest dreams could have imagined a dog bringing so much joy to my life. She got her b-day present a little early since daddy won't be home on Thursday and had a great time playing outside with it. This picture makes her look huge... she's not. She's only 35 pounds full grown! :) You can tell by the size of her toy which really fits in your hand pretty well.

Happy birthday beano!!!

And of course her brother...

4 comments:

Texas Gal said...

Funks happen, and this close after your marathon, it's no surprise. You'll get back...and don't let yourself get hurt either!! Bigger plans ahead! I'm so sorry about your husband though...that is not good and I pray for a speedy recovery!

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear Tom is okay. How scary!

As for you my dear, things will start looking up...we all go through those funks!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! Glad to hear Tom is okay. So very scary!!!!

You're doing better than me...I can't even get out the door for a walk right now. I'm still in vacation mode! Get me out of it! HA

Kate said...

Don't worry about the training, you have plenty of time and sometimes funks happen for good reason. Healing vibes to Tom!