Race Schedule and Results

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Something ain't right...

So last week when I smashed my finger in the door at Macy's (shopping injuries... I tell ya!) I knew it hurt like a beotch. Immediately swelled, was bleeding, I almost passed out. You know... typical of smashing your finger in the door. I knew it wasn't broken 'cause I could bend it... kind of. It looks like something that should be attached to the staypuff marshmallow man, not dainty little me (ha, I'm kidding... really). Here I am a week later and it looks like a freaking sausage. Look at that thing... it's not right I tell ya! I finally called the doctor today because it's not getting any smaller. They can't get me in until next week. I have a feeling that it's infected or something. I've been cleaning the tiny cut, today started soaking it in Epsom salt. I've iced it. Some thing's just not right!

Hopefully they don't have to amputate it! :)

We spent the day at the county fair today. I love small town fairs. We have a huge horse race every year called the Little Brown Jug and we just scored tickets in a box for the running of it tomorrow. Today we walked the barns (all the local kids raise and show their animals), we wandered through the food vendors wondering who the hell would eat that crap (I mean, they can fry just about anything these days - we splurged by splitting a soft pretzel), then enjoyed the people watching (oh wow... it was a sight which included all the people eating all the fried goodness!). Ahhh... small farming town. I love it!
Training is moving right along. I'm slightly petrified that we have 6 weeks left, although quietly confident that I'll at least finish if nothing else. I guess I shouldn't jinx myself. Did back to back 10 milers the last two days and my legs felt great. I am definitely showing signed of Ironman training though - slower runs and lots of sleep, but I feel good. Hope that Sunday is a good race day for us both! I think it's supposed to rain which figures... that's the only condition I haven't raced in. Maybe it'll scare my competitors off! :)
One last thing... today is my dog's 9th birthday. He's super spoiled and yes, we celebrate his birthday. And tomorrow is Tom's 34th birthday! :) He keeps telling me that he feels old. Old??? You haven't even peaked yet my dear! HIs mom's card cracked me up though - it said: "Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth." I'll keep that in mind on Sunday! Happy birthday to my two favorite boys!

7 comments:

Judi said...

man, i am SO glad my training is done for now. glad you are doing ok but i hope that finger returns to normal soon.

Lauren said...

Hey, you might want to wrap that thing with a popsicle stick and tape in case it's broken. (If it is, that's basically the splint you'll get anyway). And if it is infected, I would get to the ER...don't wait a week. You'll be taking a course of antibiotics and want them out of your system before IM. Keep us posted!

Kim said...

OMG your finger looks terribly painful! i agree with lauren, you might want to splint that thing up, or at least tape it to another finger to keep from bending.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BOYS! they are both so cute!

Gotta Run..... said...

no joke on the fair food. I wonder how I ever once ate all of that fried food.

Both are your "boys" are still young. Funny card though!

and yes... your finger is jacked up girl.

Anonymous said...

Boy your hand does still look swollen. Poor thing. I hope it's nothing and it just needs a little TLC.

Happy birthday to your boys!

Race on my little diva friend!

teacherwoman said...

Wow. that finger looks painful! I hope it heals up fast!

TRI-ROB said...

I believe its spelled, "biotch"... but I could be wrong.

Get that thing FIXED girly! I can't believe you're only 6 weeks out! YAY! Personally... I think it's a perfect time to have a chunk of deep-fried cheese... but that's just me.

Breathe...