Race Schedule and Results

Friday, October 15, 2010

It's marathon time...

Um, so I feel like I just put myself through hell recently (oh wait, I did... well in August at IMLOU, but I digress). I'm really hoping that Sunday isn't a repeat of that hellish feeling.

It shouldn't be (because it's not going to be a gazillion degrees)

Really (and I'm not swimming 2.4 miles first or biking 112 miles first).

Buuuuuut...

Who am I kidding? I haven't been running much. My heart just hasn't been in it. I did a 14, a 16 and a 20 in the last month and a half so I know I can do it. But I think it's going to hurt.

And I'm a wuss when it comes to pain.

So I have no goals, other than to not die and not cry. If I can make it to Max and Erma's by the time Sunday football starts, I will consider it a success (for the record, Max and Erma's is about two blocks from the finish line, and the race starts at 7:30. What time is the first game on Sunday???)

There are a bunch of people racing this coming weekend. Can't wait to hear how your races go!!! If you get a chance, pop over and wish these fabulous people good luck too (and if I forgot you, let me know and I'll add you to the list!!!!)
Shannon @ Iron Texas Mommy
Lora @ The Iron Mountaineer
Katherine @ Forward Foot Strides
Aimee @ I Tri To Be Me
Miss Zippy
TMB @ Racing With Babes
Lori @ Adventures in Grownupness

12 comments:

Emz said...

Good racing vibes from AZ to all of you racing your hearts out this weekend.

You'll rock it!!

Jon said...

You got it! Like you said, no 2.4 mile swim or 112 bike. You get to do this on fresh legs and no crazy heat.

Have a good race!

misszippy said...

Good luck to you this weekend! I think you still have that IM fitness in your legs and that will count for a lot.

Thanks for the shoutout!

Unknown said...

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Good Luck! Since you have no time goals, just have fun! Enjoy the fact that your body can run 26.2 miles, cause mine sure can't! :)

Velma said...

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!

Anne-Marie said...

Good luck! I'll send out some positive thoughts from Pittsburgh for you!

Colleen said...

Good Luck!!! Max & Erma's has the BEST black and blue burgers...oh I miss having one of those around :)

Molly said...

You can totally do it, just keep thinking of Sunday afternoon couch time as your reward.

And I loved your photos in your last post!

Good luck!! : )

Patrick Mahoney said...

good luck taking the long way to max and emma's

Tricia said...

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Have fun! You can totally do this!!