I swear I'm going to go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow and it'll be December. Seriously, how can I make time slow down??? Ack...
And because of this, you get some bullet points (you know you love my random bullets!)
- Training is kind of catching up with me. A little. We had a 40 mile run week this past week (along with two swims and three bikes) and by today's run, it wasn't totally pretty. I may or may not have thrown a little fit and told the hubby that I wanted to finish my last 2.5 miles alone because I was frustrated. Um, yeah. Sorry about that Brady... you know I love you. But in my defense, I had a bad night's sleep and it was 12:30 pm and hot. I don't handle that well.
- So when I started overheating, Tom tells me to take my shirt off (get your mind out of the gutters... I had a sports bra on of course). I'm still not there... I still struggle with body image issues. I know I shouldn't care... I mean hell, I'm running through neighborhoods where IF we see anyone, they are out smoking on the porch and probably haven't run 9 miles in their entire life, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I hate being self conscious. It's a downfall of mine.
- With that being said, I bought jeans yesterday in a size smaller than I wore last year! One of two things will happen... I'll be rocking my smaller jeans all year or I'll be stuffed like a sausage in them when my training decreases. Talk about motivation to not gain weight in the off season.
- Said jeans were only $15 too... of course I bought two pairs because they were
a size smallerso cheap.
- I have some kick butt athlete friends. A bunch of people raced at USAT AG Nationals this weekend. I know that Jamie and Shannon both PRed their races - you guys rock! My dear friend Tracy won her age group, her hubby Jim came in third in his and their son Zach came in seventh in his. All of them are heading to New Zealand next year (and both Tracy and Jim are racing in Beijing this September for Team USA and they both raced in Budapest last year for Team USA and Tracy won her age group... yeah, she's a world champion). Congrats Team Austome! And then there's Jen... Miss Jen rocked her first 70.3 and then posted pictures on Facebook of her chumming it up with the one and only Chrissie Wellington, who happened to love Jen's "I pee on my bike shirt". Love it!
- I can't imagine not being able to be up and about. I'm visiting my friend Sarah tomorrow in the hospital. Sarah's pregnant with twins (her first kids), who aren't due until the middle of November. She was put on bedrest IN THE HOSPITAL until she delivers - they are hoping she can make it until mid-October. Oh boy. I'm bringing her lunch, as well as all of the magazines that I can find in my house that I've already read. Can you imagine being in a hospital for multiple months at a time? Poor thing... please keep her in your thoughts.
- Will you leave me a comment and let me know if you are a.) going to be at Cedar Point or b.) racing in the next few weeks. I need to make a list for my own reference.
- Oh... and Cedar Point - for those of you going, are you planning on doing the park on Friday? All the cool kids are (aka, Tom and I). Hahaha... we'd love to meet up with you and scream like 10 year old girls on the roller coasters.