- How come every time I try to take a picture of my dog, he has his tongue out? Or he looks possessed? Or like this picture, both? Seriously, how am I supposed to get a good picture? Maybe I need to invest in an SLR camera just to capture him. For those of you with kids, I don't know how you do it.
- Sunday, we cooked the big bird. Yes, there are two of us and according to the Butterball website, with 2 adults and 2 kids (well... we do have two, see the picture above), wanting left overs (the best part) and being big eaters (see... proof again that the scrawny little twerp at the local restaurant was maybe right) we needed a 6 pound turkey. HA. I laugh at 6 pound turkeys. We made a 21 pounder. Go big or go home people. And these pictures prove that Tom's much more mature than I am...
- I love great products. I love winning products even more. I recently won an Endorphin Warrior Training Bracelet from a giveaway on the Women's Endurance Gear Blog. Endorphin Warrior has some super great items (hint hint... Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa are all coming up). From their website, each bracelet features a positive and powerful keyword or phrase to help you train, perform and live with greater strength of body and mind. I had so many to choose from. I decided to pick "BELIEVE". Something you might not know about me is that I had a hard time believing in myself. I'm full of self doubt. But I'm working on it. This bracelet was perfect. I got it in the mail a few days ago and I love it. They would be great for men or women (mine's the smallest they come and fits perfect). Thank you Laima and thank you Endorphin Warrior!!!
- Do you visit Etsy? I forget it's there, but have recently found some great things there. Check it out! So I bought two "no-slip" headbands (very similar to sweaty bands) but for a fraction of the cost and tons of super cute designs. The lady custom made me two of them in the ribbon of my choice. I got my hair did a few weeks ago and my bangs are just a teeeeeeeny bit too short so the bands work great. No moving or slipping when I run and bike! And I scored two, shipped to my house for $14! NICE!
- Also from Etsy was this cute sign that my committee got me as a thank you for chairing the fundraiser. You can barely see the holes in the bottom, but those are for 9 hooks that came with it (I haven't put them in yet). I love it. And Nicole who ordered it for me knows me all too well - she requesting Malibu Barbie Pink as the color! Love it!
- I haven't been writing much about my training. That's because
I'm not training, my training is boring, it's off-season, I've been kind of blah about it. I'm running. I spin occasionally. That's the recap. :) Anyway, a while back, Zensah sent me one of their new racerback tank to try out. I actually wore it during the Chicago Marathon for the first time - you know, because it's always smart to try new things on race day. Anyway, it was a super smart choice because I LOVED it right away. It's long, not clingy, deep arm holes, seamless and super comfy. I've been wearing it a lot when I ride inside because I sweat like a pig at a luau, and this thing just sucks up the sweat. Super big fan and I've added another to my Christmas list. You should too.
So hope you followed along with my crazy all over the place post! :)