Tom hit 100 miles on the 3rd - that's 7 days into his journey, but said that now they are averaging more like 25 miles a shift since their shifts run from 6am - 6pm. They are doing 1 mile intervals and covering a lot of miles! Then three guys take over and run over night. Last night they covered 70 miles in about 9 hours. They are amazing. I asked if he's sick of running and he was very quick to respond with "yep"! I've been loving the pictures (which Tom is posting on the side of the Team Type 1 webpage if you haven't noticed). This one just cracked me up..
So, what's a girl to do when her hubby leaves for 3 weeks - go on a girls trip, of course. To summarize my weekend:
- I ended up meeting Laura, KC, John, Andy, and Wes, as well as getting to spend time with Matty-O, Heather, Frank and Sophie
- I ate a lot of peanut butter M&M's, rice krispie treats, and doritos
- Learned that Mellow Mushroom has the most fantastic pizza ever (and yeah, I kind of already knew that but sharing it with new people was too much fun!)
- We got to introduce Mandy to the Wally World of PCB... yep, they have airbrusing there!!!
- I made signs for the racers, many of which included "that's what she said" phrases and bought a race spectating necessity... a cooler on wheels.
- I made an Irondiva cup which may or may not have come in handy when cheering along the course and holding cold beverages...
- I met some totally great glowing people from the Boca Tri Club who you would have thought we'd known our own lives
- I saw a record get broken (hello sub8 hour US Ironman record) and witness my new friends have amazing days!
- I laughed until I cried and smiled nonstop
- And... I signed up for another Ironman!