They are in New Mexico. They are still running. They are still tired.
Hahaha - that's about as good of an update as I've gotten. I went 26 or so hours without talking to him yesterday because they have had no cell signal and when they finally did get it, he was just starting a shift. So I talked to him for about 6 minutes. He sounded good, tired, but good and said that they were doing fine. I know he had a long shift in front of him (it was 10pm our time and they were just starting the 8 hour shift so they'd be running through the night) and he was already yawning! I have a feeling that when I get home home on the 15th, he's just going to sleep for a few days! Here's a great little blog that one of the crew members is keeping. And the official writer for the Run Across America is one of Tom's teammates, Marcus and his blog is here Tom is trying to post Marcus's blogs to the Team Type 1 website, but without Internet access, that's just not always possible! Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes... keep them coming for these
Okay, so on to me. I'm leaving tomorrow for Panama City Beach.
I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!
And yesterday, Melissa from Double Jogger Diaries nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- I was born in Queens New York. I wasn't there long (10 months) and I haven't been back since, but I know that my life would have been very different had we stayed there and not moved to Westerville, OH. My parents and I are going back next weekend for the finish of Run Across America and on Saturday, we're renting a car and driving through all of the old neighborhoods. I was told that some of them will be very quick visits - guess they might not be the best parts of town! :)
- I talk to my mom every day, at least twice a day (it's 11am and I've already talked to her 4 times today). I can literally call her and not have anything to say, yet we can talk for 30 minutes nonstop. The hardest time I had with this was when I went to Europe for 4 months, but I still talked to her 3-4 times a week!
- My husband's name is Thomas Brady Kingery III, but since I've known him, I've called him Brady. No one else does this and it often catches people by surprise when they hear me say it. You see, my dad is Tom, my grandpa is Tom, my father-in-law is Tom... so when I first started dating him and we were with our families, it just got too confusing. I can't remember the last time that I've called him Tom though, except for when I'm talking about him to someone else. So if you hear me talking about Brady, that's my hubby.
- I'm totally obsessed with reality tv. I know that it's trash and rots my brain, but even yesterday, when talking to Tom (see... I didn't want to throw you off with the Brady thing), he asked what was new in the world since they haven't had access to the news and my responses was "Kim Kardashian is getting a divorce". That's sad...
- I love making homemade sandwiches and panini's. I worked in a sub shop (Jersey Mike's) for about 6 years (high school and college). It was a piece of cake job, all my friends worked there, I got free subs... you know, everything was perfect (except for me slicing off part of my middle finger on the meat slicer, but that's another story). When I quit, it took me years to walk back in and order a sub because I had eaten there every day for years. Their subs are really great, but I just couldn't eat them. Now I can though and I can still rattle off what comes on each sub. I use a lot of their ideas when cooking at home and Tom often says that I should open a sandwich shop at some point. Maybe...
- I love to bake, but don't do it very often. I do cook dinner at least 5 or 6 nights a week. And I'm not afraid to try some new recipe. I don't measure things though and many times make the recipe my own by adding something or taking something out of it. I would say 98% of the time it works out great.
- I have a rule that I must not think about future holidays until the next one is over. I'm so not a fan of the fact that right after Halloween, Christmas season starts. I take that back... BEFORE Halloween, Christmas season starts. What happened to Thanksgiving (which is one of my favorite holidays) and why must we always rush to the next one? I love love love Christmas, but I honestly think it's a tad ridiculous that in October, the trees and ornaments are out. It makes my head spin. Bah-humbug.