Race Schedule and Results

Monday, September 17, 2007

The test of time

Next week at this time I hope to have a half Ironman under my belt. The idea to do a half started last winter. I stewed over the idea for a while and then with a lot of consideration and talk with Tom, we decided that I should just enjoy myself and race short races this year. Yeah, I'm signed up... so how did that happen you ask? Well, after completing at least 75% of Tom's Ironman training, I've decided I'm there anyway, why not try it. So Sunday it is - 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run and hopefully a smile when I'm done. That's my goal after all. And of course that means that I might be able to splurge a bit for dinner that night. After all, I'll be working out for like six and a half hours. That constitutes some sort of cheating for the day right?

Another highlight this week is going to be the Delaware County Fair. The BIGGEST week here in little ole' Delaware. I think we'll go tomorrow, walk through the 4H club barns to see the animals that the kids raised (they actually get off school for the fair to show their animals which is still funny to me after living here 3 years!), then plop ourselves down at the race track and bet on some horses. Oh, that and try to keep any food down that we've previously eaten in the day as the smell of pepperoni on a stick or fried cheesecake on a stick waft through the air. In Delaware, they can put ANYTHING on a stick and people will come flocking. Although that's half the fun... watching them flock. The joys of living in a small farm town!

3 comments:

Aunt Nan said...

Congratulations on your 3.8 loss, but if you asked me (and I know you aren't), you didn't need to lose an ounce. You always look good to me. Your bike rides sound great, and I love the conversations between you and Tom. But, hey, whatever gets you through. I'm very much looking forward to your BIG race this Sunday. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Love the blog..it's great.
Love,
Your biggest supporter - and Tom's too, of course.
xoxoxox
Sorry this says Aunt Nan, but that's how my Google account is set up, and I don't know how to change it !!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

You will have a smile on your face and a medal around your neck and a burning desire to do IRONMAN FLORIDA 2008! I think a big family reunion in Florida in November of '08 sounds great and I think your husband would agree!
Love,
A family member!

Unknown said...

Good try Tom! :)