Race Schedule and Results

Friday, October 12, 2007

Quitting cold turkey

I have an addiction. And it's serious. And I need to admit it to the world.

My name is Colleen, and I'm a pasta addict.

Oh yeah, like you all didn't know that already?!?! So for the past few weeks I feel like I've been doing alright with the whole weight loss thing, although not really being entirely as serious as I know I need to be. I got on the scale this week and there was no movement (which I guess is better than upward movement, but I digress...) So thinking of the things that could really help me with my weight loss has been difficult. I don't eat fast food all the time, I'm no addicted to full fat anything, we eat veggies, I drink water, blah blah blah. But I do eat a ton of pasta and with training being less now that my race season is over, I guess I need to cut back. That's hard, but I'm admitting that what needs to be done. So, with that being said, please keep on me. No pasta for a month - well let's make it that if I have ANY pasta, it has to be whole wheat and it has to be only one serving and that it can't be done more than once a week. That seems fair... Just to see if I can do it. That's my goal. I will still eat rice, in the form of the brown stuff, and potatoes so I'm not cutting carbs (I'm smarter than that!!!), but I need to break this addiction!!!

Starting Monday (and only because we're having past tomorrow night before our half marathon on Sunday) I won't eat white pasta at all. The ONLY exception I will make is the day before the Ironman and that's only because dinner is at my condo and I'm making Tom a big Italian meal (plus that's like 22 days away and if I can actually keep to this, I will reward myself with just a little bit). I think that might help - I've read a lot about refined carbs and bloating in your stomach. Maybe I'll actually lose a little.

Poor Tom - he knows about this and is still willing to help (what a great husband). I say poor Tom though because he'll get to deal with an addict quitting cold turkey. Poor guy!

No comments: