We left Papeete on 3/5 and flew to Raiatea. This is where we got to meet all of the women and get on our boats. My group (11 of us total) were on a 43 foot catamaran named Cascade. We got settled on our boat, were immediately labeled the "party boat" (which incidentally just translated to the best boat to us) and set out the next day. This is the largest boat in our group (a 46 foot cat):
Ours looked like this:
The rooms were down below - 4 cabins with double beds, 2 singles, 4 heads (toilets) and yeah, with 11 people that meant someone slept upstairs or outside.
So where did we go and what did we see? In a nutshell our 10 days looked like this
- Day 1 - got on the boat in Raiatea and just stayed docked (the weather was bad)
- Day 2 - Sailed to Ta'haa after the storms cleared
- Day 3 - spend the day at Ta'haa, anchored and exploring Jillville (and island that Jill our Captain adopted)
- Day 4 - Sailed to Huahine
- Day 5 - Anchored in Huahine
- Day 6 - Sailed up the coast of Huahine to a different town, Fare
- Day 7 - Sailed back to Ta'haa and anchored at the Ta'haa yacht club
- Day 8 - Sailed to Bora Bora
- Day 9 - Anchored at Bora Bora
- Day 10- Sailed back to Ta'haa and Jillville
- Day 11 - Sailed back to Raiatea and got off the boats.
We saw so many great things, had lots of laughs, a few scares, learned more than we thought we would and really bonded. The islands were gorgeous, the sunsets and sunrises were breathtaking. There's really no way that I can put into words what this trip did for me. I came back refreshed, inspired, and renewed. I've now seen and experienced part of the world that many won't see and let me just tell you one thing - anyone who doesn't get to see French Polynesian from a sail boat is missing out! Here are a few random pictures that I took.
There's so much more to tell, but I'll have to wait until I get to see you. If you want to see all 200+ pictures that I took, let me know and I will give you the link in Snapfish. If you want information about future trips, let me know that as well. And to those of you that were on the trip with me, THANK YOU! I love you all so much and just have one things to say:
"MAN, I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN!"