Race Schedule and Results

Monday, March 24, 2008

Swimming in March

I wish I could swim outside, but seeing how we woke to things lightly dusted with snow this morning, I don't think it's going to happen any time soon here in Delaware. We had to resort to the Y which we joined back in January to take advantage of the New Year's sign up special. What good that did us! :) Oh well... we have plenty of time to get back into things! We only swam 30 minutes and it was nice to just get back into it. I have a long way to go a) swim 2.4 miles and b) swim in water with fish and a current. But it's a starting point. I'm the "swim coach" for Team Kingery so I have a few workouts up my sleeve which will hopefully help us. I've gotta work on my speed because quite frankly, I'm the SLOWEST swimmer out there - from above it probably looks like I'm doing the dead man's float on my stomach with sudden arm twitches every so often.

Yeah, and I'm the swim coach! ;)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I had to laugh out loud at the "probably looks like I'm doing the dead man's float...and I'm the swim coach". I'm sure you were WAY better than that!!! Lord knows you could kick MY butt in swimming ANY DAY, I'm sure! :-) Keep up the awesome work!

Molly said...

Swimming is the best!
Have fun!
Take Care