Race Schedule and Results

Friday, October 2, 2009

Success

Knowing that you're successful at something is one of the best feelings in the world. Helping others is probably the only thing that could rival the feeling of success. That and maybe having fun at what your doing.

I experienced a triple threat last night!

For the last year, I've been working as the Chairwoman of an event for our local hospital that we were calling "High Heels and High Hopes". It was sort of a girls night and all the proceeds would benefit our local hospital's women's health services. We had wine tasting, spa services, a silent and live auction, food stations, a comedian - a jam packed night. In the past, the hospital fundraisers were great, but had kind of gotten... I don't know... maybe stale? Same people year after year. By throwing out the idea of a women's night, we were definitely shaking things up in our little town.

Last night we had over 300 attendees. (we actually had to turn people away the last week because of limited space - a chair person's dream and nightmare at the same time!) Women were laughing and drinking and smiling the whole night. As the chair, I couldn't have been more proud of the work the committee did. I know I get a lot of credit, but it was definitely a group effort by an amazing group of people. We got such amazing feedback from the attendees too which was wonderful.

Mission accomplished - a successful event, the money we raised will help local women, and best of all - we had fun!!!

The big question still remains... is there a place big enough for next year's event??? Oye ve... my job has just begun!

4 comments:

Kim said...

how fun!!! i wish i lived close enough to come!

Gotta Run..... said...

That is AWESOME!! What a wonderful feeling :))

Allison said...

Congratulations!!! I hope I can come next year. I'm so glad it went well--good job!

Provident Realty Group Ltd said...

Colleen, it was definitely a success! So much fun! :) Way to go!
~Rhiannon