Race Schedule and Results

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodybye 2009

I know that this will be my last post of 2009. Hard to believe that the year is over. I never imagined that 2010 would come. I remember thinking that we'd all be on hover boards and flying to space by this point. Maybe someday...

Things have been great here. Christmas was awesome - quiet and just the way we like it. Christmas Eve we spent alone, Christmas morning Tom and I did our own Christmas and then Christmas night we went to my mom and dad's for dinner. We did my side of the family's Christmas on Sunday after Christmas and Tom's side of the family's Christmas the Sunday before. I was spoiled like always! :)

Tomorrow night we're heading to our friend's house for a get together with our friends - just dinner and games. It's the perfect New Year's Eve if you ask me! :) I'm not a big rock star kind of partier... two or three glasses of wine and I'm at my finest! :)

Work outs have been going really well. I've been running mostly and have enjoyed many miles on the treadmill (wait, did I just use the words "enjoyed" and "treadmill" in the same sentence???) It feels good to run a little faster again and I'm seeing gains in my running. I hope they equate to outside running, although I'm a super big baby when it's cold so I'll have to wait to test it out! I have been following the pushup/situp/squat challenge and am loving it. It's hard... I'm not going to lie. But I'm amazed where I've come in only three weeks. When I started, I couldn't do a real pushup and now I'm at around 10 per set (not on my knees - woo hoo!). The first time I did situps, I mustered out 17 and just last week I did 35 in one set. Squats have been the easiest - I do set of 40-50 at a time and my legs feel like jello when I'm done. I'm definitely going to stick with it and can't wait to put the badge of honor on here when I finish each challenge.

We had the coolest thing happen the other day. Tom and I own a company. We have our own line of orthopedic braces (think knee sleeves, elbow sleeves, etc) that we sell wholesale. I've been babying the company for the last year (technically it's been my company since 2005, but I didn't really take control until this year). Anyway, the other day I went to the post office and there was a package in our PO. I opened it up to find the January/ February 2010 issue of "Experience Life" Magazine. Attached was a letter that said something to like "we just wanted to let you know that one of your products has been featured in our magazine. Please turn to page 66". I did and in right smack in front of my eyes was one of our products! It was super cool because we hadn't submitted anything to them... their equipment editors had picked out product as one of 5 top products that they were featuring this month. I was literally jumping off the walls with excitement. It was like we had hit it big finally. It's hard to build your company from the ground up and to get recognition like this was super cool. They said that they think that the magazine hits 2.4 million readers! My little claim to fame I guess!

As 2009 comes to a close, I wish all of you a happy and healthy new year. I look forward to sharing my next year with you...

7 comments:

Jumper 2.0 said...

I know that you have run a company but does it have a website? Can't find it on the blog anywhere.

Happy New Year!

Liz said...

You were featured in a magazine and didn't tell me?!? YAY!!! Way to go Colleen and Tom!!!!!!

Stevi N. Honaker said...

Sorry running takes a back seat to your company story. AWESOME!!!!! How exciting, and what great publicity. You are sure to see some great results from this in 2010.

Now of course congrats on loving the treadmil....I'm still on a love hate thing. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What? You didn't tell us!!! Congrats to you guys. How awesome to be featured in a magazine.

Here's to a happy healthy 2010! See you tonight chica!

Kim said...

woohoo that is some great news to end 2009! happy new year colleen!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I'm just now catching up!! Way cool on the mag feature - yay! I want to know if you see a jump in biz because of it now :).