Race Schedule and Results

Monday, January 4, 2010

"You need to get your head checked"

Always a good thing when this is the first thing your mom says to you after you answer the phone and say "Hello". I know it's purely out of love though, right mom?

So what's wrong with my head?

I signed up for another Ironman - Ironman Louisville 2010. It wasn't sold out yet so why not right?

Yeah, maybe there is something wrong with my head!

No, in all actuality, I've been thinking about it for a while. Last year just wasn't the year I had hoped. I trained for a marathon in May which totally kicked my butt and then zapped my motivation. My husband did the Race Across America in June and didn't want anything to do with training. The summer kind of came and went... training lacked a little because of our burn out. And then training for Ironman Florida was supposed to pick up. But we weren't ready. We had a cool fall which is great, but not for swim training and long bikes. Tom traveled a ton and to train alone in the cold dreary days just wasn't my thing. Come IMFL in November, I so just wanted to be done. Then I had a ho-hum race at best. Sure I finished, but I felt horrible the whole day, I wasn't thrilled with the performance and I swore off anything longer than about 5 minutes of exercise the minute I crossed the finish line. In true Irondiva fashion though, that didn't last long. I started setting goals for 2010 and it just didn't feel right to not pay back the distance that challenged me so much in 2009.

So Louisville it is - because it's close and in August, but also it's the only one still open in the US! BUT, there are a lot of upsides and I'll be honest~

I'm super excited! Like more excited than I was last year. I don't know if it's because I'm ready to make it my own, if I'm ready for the challenge or if the cold has killed some brain cells, but I think it's going to be a good year!

4 comments:

Kim said...

So exciting colleen! Can't wait to read your 2010 IM journey! Go get em sista!

teacherwoman said...

I am so excite for YOU! This is so awesome! You go girl!

Stevi N. Honaker said...

I'm so excited for you, and it was really a no brainer. The Ironman this close to home, and some unfinished business left on the course at the last one.

Congrats and I can't wait to watch this journey get started.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! So proud of you. I honestly did think you would do one again, just not this soon! HA HA HA