Race Schedule and Results

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A new way of thinking

I don't know what it is about Ironman Louisville, but I'm so excited for it. Maybe it's the challenge. God knows it's not the distance or the heat or swimming in the Ohio River. Actually I should be questioning my sanity for signing up for a hilly 140.6 in August in Kentucky, but whatever. In any event, I'm really excited and can't stop thinking about it. Training officially started on Monday and kicking my own arse never felt so good. Maybe this was just what I needed to light that spark again. Ask me again in about 4 months how I feel and my answer will inevitably be different.

I biked last night on my mother-in-law's spin bike. I've never been a huge fan of her spin bike, but I'm learning to love it. I get a really good workout in on it. I sweat a lot. :) I rode for 1:10 yesterday and then proceeded to run a 25:34 5k. I really want to break the 8 minute per mile mark in a tri this year. I know I have some work to do, but it's only January.

And Tom bought me a new tri uni for Christmas. It's pink and gray. Orca. I'm in love. Now if only I could find some place to paint my bike the way I want it. I know my bike's pretty, but it would be PERFECT if it were pink and black. Just sayin'...

I'm such a girlie girl some times!

Oh, and big news - my husband is off his rocker too (which makes for a good marriage) and decided to ride with Team Type 1 again this year in the Race Across America. Another 3000+ miles on the bike for the team, with a huge record to break. Although he'll miss the first outdoor tri of the season and one that's near and dear to our hearts, I'm excited for him and will be there in Annapolis again this year to watch them come in. Let's hope it's earlier than 3am! :)

3 comments:

Tom Kingery said...

You have a new fire about you for sure. I think this is because the big race is in August rather than in November – Just a few months away! Nice to have a different Ironman to train for this year. And yes, we will finish the Race Across America around midnight this year so that we can hit the bars in our purple and white speed suits!

Anonymous said...

You two are amazing!!! I wish both of you much success!!!

Stevi N. Honaker said...

Oh Pink and Black for sure would be such a killer bike. It's really exciting that you are already training for your next Ironman. Oh and a 25:34 5k jeez lady!

Congrats to you and Tom and good luck on another training cycle!