Race Schedule and Results

Friday, November 12, 2010

TGIF

This has been the longest week. I've been sick again. I say again because I started getting a cold last week but it only lasted a day or two. I felt better, although not 100%. Tom was miserable. Then this week it hit be hard. No energy, runny nose, coughing, sneezing - full on miserable. I've done zero training this week except kickboxing on Monday. I've slept nearly 10 hours a night. I've taken my vitamins, eaten three balanced meals a day, am keeping hydrated. I feel like I'm on the mend, but wowzers... this has seriously kicked my tail.

And of course this happens when it's 70 and sunny every day this week. In Ohio. In November. Unheard of! Usually it's rainy, crappy and cold and of course the one week where I can't keep my eyes open and my head is in a bubble, it's gorgeous. I'm taking one more day off and then I'm getting back to this training thing. I'm hoping to start my plan on Monday, as long as I don't die over the weekend! :) Hopefully I'll come back amped and ready. I was supposed to be doing a half ironman tomorrow - there's no way that I could have gotten from the start line to the finish line in one piece.

Okay so I have a question for those of you that have done the 100 push up challenge. I started this last year and made it to about week 3 and then stopped. I'm thinking of starting it again (because I'm by far the weakest person ever and this would probably be one of the biggest accomplishments in my life, besides finishing the Ironman - don't judge...) But, is it really 100 push ups without stopping or just 100 push ups in a few sets. Why do I not understand this? I've read the site over and over and I'm just confused. Can someone help a girl out? :)

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

7 comments:

run4may said...

Can you post the link to the 100 pushup challenge? I would love to give it a try. feel better and it's probably better that you aren't doing the half ironman tomorrow feeling the way that you are.

Unknown said...

I'm totally with you on feeling like the weakest person ever ;) I thought it was all at once...

misszippy said...

Ugh. Sorry you are feeling so lousy...sounds very similar to what I had last week. Felt better, then went downhill again. I hope you are better soon!

Molly said...

hope you're feeling better by now...I need pushup details too, I can do about 20, if I rest in between sets!!!

Christi said...

I hope you feel better soon! I wish I could help you on the 100 push up challenge but I haven't finished it yet either. I only made it two weeks!

Unknown said...

thanks for the hot tip about shutterfly. That's awesome! :)

My Life said...

I've been intrigued by the 100 pushup thing too. I think I can do maybe 1.3 right now. 100 blows my mind! :)