Anyway, I've started thinking of my list of things I'm thankful for - my list is quite long
- I'm thankful for my amazing husband. He's such a great friend, my biggest supporter, my coach, my coworker, the person who pushes me. He laughs with me (and many times at me), hugs me when I cry (which can be a lot) and loves me unconditionally (that includes my fat days!) He's really my world and I couldn't be luckier!
- I'm thankful for an amazing mom and dad. Their love and support has helped me more than I will ever be able to thank them for. They've stood by my side through a lot and still love me! :) They make me laugh, and I admire the fact that they will be happily married 40 years this coming August!
- I'm thankful for my sister who also happens to be my best friend. We might have had rough patches in the past (what sisters don't?), but I think now that we are grown up, we understand how lucky we are to have each other. She's awesome! (and I have a fabulous brother-in-law too!)
- I have a great extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, and a niece and nephew who all go above and beyond to support Tom and I.
- I'm thankful for friends who have been with me through everything. This year as been a trying year as I've learned some pretty tough lessons in friendship, but I've grown to learn that TRUE friends are few and far between and those that I'm blessed with in my life are truly amazing.
- I'm thankful that I have two amazing dogs. I mean really - they may be mutts to some people, but they are my kids. They remind me that no problem is too big and that a walk in the park (or a slice of cheese) is all we need to cheer us right up.
- I'm especially thankful for my health - I put in a lot of hours training because I love it, but I know that there are so many people in the world who don't have the good health that I have. And on days when I don't feel like running another mile, biking another pedal stroke, or swimming another lap, I remember that I'm truly blessed that I CAN do these things.
- I'm thankful for a job that allows me such amazing freedoms day to day and that I can live a comfortable life without many sacrifices. I must say, I have it pretty good.
- I'm thankful for all of you, my blogger friends. I've only met a few of you, but you all read my ramblings each week. You support me, you encourage me, you make me laugh, you love me no matter what nonsense I'm writing about. I just hope that someday I get to meet all of you.
What are you thankful for?