- Thank you all for your encouraging words on my last post about being self coached. And I appreciate the suggestion to move my rest day to Monday. During my race training schedule, I'm the laziest person in the world on Mondays. For now unfortunately, I think I'm going to need the break after the two days of intervals. I'll probably adjust things as I go.
- Speaking of training... I am meeting the hubby on our trainers in T-minus 40 minutes for our first bike interval workout of the year. I think he's going to take pleasure in my torture. I don't' know why. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger - right? Right?
- Beth wrote a blog about optimal race weight the other day. It's from the Racing Weight Book that
is sitting next to my bedI'm reading. According to the little formula that Mr. Fitzgerald lays out, to be at my optimal racing weight, I have to lose 18 pounds. Um... well... okay. Maybe I'll shoot for my "almost optimal racing weight". In any event, Beth and I are going to do this together - aren't we girl?
- Speaking of weight... I gained some weight over the holiday. I usually get uber depressed about this. This time, I just sucked it up, put on my big girl panties (literally) and am taking care of things. It's amazing what eating well again can do for your mind and body (although, I'm missing my cookies. There... I admitted it) I feel good.
- And speaking of food - we went to Panera today. YUM. I love their Asian Chicken Salad. It's sooooooo good. And I get to meet Meredith tomorrow for lunch at Noodles and Company. Remember... the crack mac and cheese dealer that I love. :) Yeah, don't think I'll be doing the mac and cheese, but you just never know.
- I ordered my Kestrel today. Another inanimate object to fall in love with! :) I'm so excited... she's going to be a beaut!
- Oh, I also ordered my new Avia's. I went back and forth with whether or not I should get the Bolts which are the racing flat or the Lite III which are the cushion. I decided to not be all crazy and stuff and got the Lite III's. I think it was a smart choice. For now.
- Being on Trakkers is like Christmas. I like Christmas. Our sponsors are amazing!
- REV3 and Team Type 1 have partnered up for this year. Super exciting for both parties if you ask me. Here's the article if you are interested. And yes, I have a vested interest in both parties, but whatever - it's still exciting. :)
- So Team Type 1 is running across the country this year. Running people... 3000+ miles. There are 10 guys, all Type 1 diabetics. They will start in California and end in New York on World Diabetes Day. My hubby is managing the "race" per say (it's not an official race - he is forming the route and everything) and the guys. It's going to be awesome. These guys are amazing. I'm hoping to be there at the start, and at the end. Probably along the way a little too.
- Did you watch the Bachelor the other night? Yeah, we didn't either (ha... yeah we did). I always make a prediction of who the desperate man or woman will pick. I have a good track record going on. I chose the girl that got the first impression rose. I was *this* close to picking the girl who slapped him when she got out of the car or the girl with the fangs. No. Not really. But he did keep them both didn't he?
What's random in your life now?