Race Schedule and Results

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My letter to mother nature

Dear Mother Nature,

Why do you hate me? What did I ever do to you? Huh? Huh?

I'm writing this letter to explain my dislike for the changes in the weather the last few days here in Ohio. It's nice, it's shitty, it's nice, it's shitty. Please do me a favor and make up your mind. We've had our fair share of craptasticly gray and gloomy days, filled with freezing toes, dogs who refuse to go outside to potty, and utter disgust for the day. In April, we tend to enjoy warmer weather. My flowers like to start popping their little heads out. I enjoy running and biking, in shorts and tee shirts. I like the sun and enjoy picnics with my hubby at lunch time. My dogs like to run and bark, with the dog door open so they gain their freedom.

Yesterday is was snowing. Really? Snow? Why? Today, alright I've give you a credit and say that it was a tad warmer, although I still needed tights on my run. Why must you tease me with some 70 degree days, only to tear down my hopes and dreams that the warm sunny summer that I long for is right around the corner.

I'm begging you... PLEASE bring me some weather that brightens my spirits.

Sincerely,
Colleen

6 comments:

Liz said...

Seriously. I wish it would stick with one temperature (preferrably WARM).

teacherwoman said...

I hear you on the weather. geez.

Love the new look!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Yeah. It sucks. And I'll bet the dogs mope, right? Sometimes I feel sadder for mine than for me

JT said...

Mother nature hasn't been too nice down here either. Nice during the week, then windy and crappy on the weekends.

JT said...

BUT... at least no snow ;-)

Judi said...

april sucks, i am ready for july.

your race schedule looks grueling!