Race Schedule and Results

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday update

It's hard to believe that the race will be over tomorrow (although I'm sure the guys are thinking that it'll never get here!!!!) I'm super excited to see all of the guys (especially the hubster) and congratulate them on a great race. I haven't heard from Tom yet today. He texted quickly this morning after his all nighter and said that he was dead tired and was going to try to sleep and would call me in 4-5 hours. I'll wait to hear from him today instead of calling him.

As far as the race is going... TT1 is stilling kicking ass! They have gone through the 36th Tim station which is Effingham, IL (2,154 miles into the race). They have a 4 hour and 15 minute lead on ViaSat so I think it's safe to say that they will win the 4 man division. The only question is if they can keep the pace up for a new course record!!! Keep going guys... you've got this!!!

Thought you'd enjoy some pictures that they've taken along the way... Here's the RV parked yesterday afternoon:
The lonely open roads of Kansas:
Getting sunscreened to "try" and avoid a burn on the hot days!
You gotta get laundry done where you can! (Notice the portable shower in the background)
And one of the best pictures of all... all of the guys couldn't do this race without the fabulous help of the volunteers! They are working a well oiled machine and it's definitely a team effort!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

This whole thing is so incredible. And I hadn't even stopped to think about those volunteers! I applaud them as well - what a lot of work and coordination this is. Thanks for the faithful updates! I hope Tom is feeling ok so far. To see America this way is amazing! Too bad the Rockies were in the dark. Makes you really appreciate the different terrains of our nation. Super cool!

We are the Ferrari's said...

They have this done to an art, and it's so amazing! :) I can't believe it is going to be over tommorow too!

teacherwoman said...

Awesome!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Go Tom Go!! I'm so excited to hear all about it. While I haven't had a ton of time to respond to your posts, I read them every.single.day!