Race Schedule and Results

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Super big thanks...

I have the most amazing blog followers ever.  I can't thank you enough for your thoughtful comments on here about Buddy, your emails, your twitter messages and your facebook messages.  I've read each and every kind word to Tom and Buddy in hopes that they would make an impact!

And I think it's working...

We started the steroids yesterday morning and saw a change in him immediately.  He's like a different dog.  No more dragging his front paws, very very few falls.  His tail is wagging like crazy and he's crying for food and treats (which makes us believe that he's on the mend).  The last few times that we've taken him out, he's walked unassisted (we'd been holding his front legs up with a towel wrapped underneath him) and Tom isn't carrying him except for going down the front porch stairs (he's going up them on his own).  Our biggest things right now is to keep him as lazy as we can - he seems to want to just run now that he's found his legs, but he still looks like a drunk dog walking so he's not there yet! 

I think it's going to be a long recovery, but I'm very confident that there's going to be a recovery... that's not something I was certain of the other day. 

Again, I can't say enough about the support of all of you.  I'm so touched by the support of all of my friends... virtual or not!  You are amazing!!!

32 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

That's great news! Thanks for the update.

Jamie said...

Woohoo! Love the happy updates. Hoping there is more progress to come.

Unknown said...

Excellent news!

Marci said...

That is wonderful news about Buddy!

Michelle said...

Yeah Buddy! Happy to hear good news!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

What a great picture of Buddy. Thanks for updating us and so great to hear the meds, prayers, and healing vibes are working.

Caratunk Girl said...

So happy to hear!! LOVE that picture, what a cutie!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Like!

Glad Buddy is doing better.

Aimee said...

Yay! I'm so glad he's doing better!

Kristin Bradfield said...

Go Buddy! We are all pulling for you! What a beautiful dog. Hang in there Colleen!

Allison said...

So happy things are looking up!!!

Jon said...

I am relieved to hear of the good news!

Annie said...

Great news. Will keep the positive thoughts headed your way.

Caroline said...

Oh great news. Glad he is making progress. Love the picture.

Unknown said...

That's great news! He is SO cute!

Rebecca said...

that photo is absolutely beautiful, really makes me want to a go out and buy a dog right now! Glad to hear the good news!

Unknown said...

Great news Colleen! I hope for continued improvements!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

This is great news, everytime I saw a dog this weekend, I thought of Buddy.

Chris said...

Awesome news!!

adena said...

Ok first off I am an ass. I haven't been keeping an eye on the blog this past week because work got the better of me (those b*ds making me work) and I missed your post from Friday. I am a huge dog lover and now I'm a bit grateful that I read the good news first.

I'm so relieved he's on the mend. Dogs are such a huge part of your life and there is nothing worse than when they are sick.

He's super handsome, give him a scratch behind the ears from me and an extra treat.

Sara said...

My thoughts are with you and your pup. Sadie and Gracie (my doggies) are sending him lots of puppy hugs and kisses too (I read them your post). Please keep us updated on his progress. I am praying for his restored health!

misszippy said...

Aw, sorry your pup has been feeling so bad! But happy that he is recovering!!

Matty O said...

Good news he is doing better... so scary when a member of your family has to go through stuff like that. Our pups are our lives... we spoil them a bit too much haha.

Alisa said...

Oh man, I was behind on my blogs. I am soooooooo glad to hear your little fur baby is doing better. That would be tough! My thoughts are with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoey (my fur baby) also sends a wag of her tail.

Kim said...

aw, how stinkin cute is buddy! my thoughts are still with you.

Wes said...

so glad to hear this :-)

Joel said...

Colleen,

I've been behind on reading blogs; I hadn't seen your update from last week on Buddy. I am relieved to have read this one first!

First off, great news that Buddy seems to be doing better!

Secondly, hang in there. I know this is tough on you. Our dogs are so very important to us - they are a part of our family - and dealing with sickness can be so difficult. Thinking of you...

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Ah, look at that cute little snout & nose! We have a lab named Sherpa, who is old & happy. I hope that Buddy feels like himself again soon.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

It's so hard to keep a recovering dog from moving too much. They feel rejuvenated with the ability to move around again. Best of luck!

Thoughts and prayers go out to you guys! Hang in there Buddy, just a little longer and you'll be back to normal!!

Emz said...

Yay for a better buddy!

Love that photo!!

Molly said...

YAY!!!! So happy things are working out with your boy : )

N.D. said...

aww poor little guy! keeping him in my thoughts.