Race Schedule and Results

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I've been MIA

Sorry that I haven't written in a while. There really aren't any excuses for not checking in... guess I'm just lazy! :)

Things are great here. The countdown is at like 23 days. YIKES! I'm so excited to go to the beach though and I'm really starting to look forward to the race. This is our last LOOOOONG workout weekend. We're doing a 2.4 mile swim tomorrow, a 100 mile bike ride Saturday and a half marathon Sunday. I think it'll re-boost my confidence and be a good sort of "end of the road" for me. I know I'll still have 2.5 weeks after that, but I'll make it.

Swam 2000 meters timed this past Tuesday and had a great swim. I love the new gym and felt awesome in the water. Of course I know that it'll be different in the gulf, but I felt like I was just gliding which was a nice feeling. We're hoping to get one more open water swim in before I head down there... if not, guess I'll get them Thursday and Friday before the race in the gulf.

A funny for you - so we are doing the Dayton River Corridor Classic 1/2 marathon on Sunday. It's an annual tradition for us - a great race, a great time of year in Ohio since the leaves are changing, a great post race celebration, etc. We're excited. So today I get the mail and there's an envelope addressed to each Tom and I. Inside is a letter that reads something to the effect of "Congratulations, you are one of 100 VIP's at this year's Dayton River Corridor Classic because you registered early. You get this Brooks running shirt and a discount at the local run shop, not to mention a reserved VIP starting spot up front if you wear the shirt." We laughed... what a bumble mess that's going to be having totally random 100 people starting at the front. We're not front of the pack people. hehehe... we'll pass on that "special" feature!

OH... and I got my new bike! I know, how is that not the first thing that I'm posting??? I've yet to ride it - but am hoping to get out tonight. It's in the shop being built and it's a beauty! Tom got his too and wow... that's about all that needs to be said. We'll post pictures when we get them back (probably tonight). I'm thinking of naming him Hank... like Hank the Tank, but I'm not going to chose a name until I ride him - you know, kind of like many women don't name their babies until they see them?

5 comments:

Liz said...

"like many women don't name their babies until they see them" LOL!!!!

I can't believe how close it's getting! And that this is your last big weekend! Wow!! Enjoy your new bike. And have fun on your run!

Btw...I've missed you :)

Angela's Kitchen said...

We want pictures (of the bike)!

Have a great weekend! You are so ready for this.

Jumper 2.0 said...

Damn it!

Did it again. The above comment is mine (not Angela, my wife)

Texas Gal said...

YAY! New bikes! Congrats!! 3 weeks to go! You're going to do awesome!

teacherwoman said...

I hope your race went well today and all conditions were great!

Wow... time is just flying... the big race will be here before we know it!