Race Schedule and Results

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Workouts galore...

I'm loving this weather. It's been in the 60's and sunny the last few days and they are calling for the same today and tomorrow. Makes watching basketball hard to do, even though I love March Madness.

Had two really good rides outside the last two days. Tuesday we did a quick 26 and I felt stronger than I have in a long time. Tom even commented on my biking. I think the spin classes in the off season helped. It's like the bike and I clicked again which was a major problem last year for me. I got home and slipped on the running shoes for a 2 mile transition run. I know that I've been training for and racing tri's for like 5 years now, but it never fails to surprise me on transition runs. It literally feels like I can't turn my legs over. They are usually numb and feel like they are encased in cement. It's so frustrating. Then I look at my watch and see that I averaged 8:20's and I smile.

Yesterday we went out to hit some hills on the bike. We were out for a little over 3 hours and I loved every minute of it. Who am I and where did my bitchy self go? :) Tom said that he was glad to have his training partner back. I'm glad to be back. Maybe it's the new helmet and pink sunglasses... I feel like I'm where I belong when I'm on my ride.

Now if we can just get the wheel of cheese asses off the road, we'd be all set. We're biking yesterday and a guy damn near hit us. Tom showed him that he was number 1 in our book and the guy pulled over. He opened the car door and started screaming at us, telling us that we shouldn't be on the road and that he has every right to come close to us because he pays taxes. He was fat, like REALLY fat. Maybe he was jealous of us and being able to even ride a bike. Or maybe he's a big wheel of cheese ass like I referenced above. And he drove a beat up old car that proceeded to stall when he tried started it backup. I laughed. Served him right. It's super frustrating though when people treat bikers the way that they do and then I bike home in fear that this guy comes from behind us and hits us. People are crazy. And jerks.

I also swam yesterday. I have to admit, I'm not big on swimming sets. I've always just gotten in the pool and swam for a period of time (yeah, I know... and I wonder why I'm so horrible at swimming and never see improvement!). I'm working on it people... I swear. So yesterday I warmed up with 1000m and then did 10 x 100's just to see where I would be. I'm going to go the test once a week and see what I can do. I must say, I was consistent, but don't laugh... I know I'm slow.

1:38
1:39
1:39
1:38
1:37
1:37
1:38
1:36
1:37
1:38

And at that I was sucking major wind. Hum... maybe a swim coach is what I need??? I've thrown that out there before, but this time I'm serious. Any suggestions?

Off to go run (we're doing a longer one today because of the gorgeous weather) and then I'm biking with a group tonight. Thursday night rides start tonight and I'm excited to get out there!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your workouts. I'm so jealous!!!

WOAC!!!! I can't believe some people when they drive. You have every right to the road as he does!

Unknown said...

I'm still confused over that arguement with that "cheese ass". He would say "I pay taxes to drive on these roads" then I would say, "That doesn't give you the right to run over bikers and by the way, I pay taxes too." He would then say "So I don't belong on the roads?" I'd then say again, "I never said you couldn't be on the roads...you just have to share them". That went on for 10 minutes before I rode off and he said "what are you going to just ride off?" I said "yeah!"
It's dangerous out in the country. People show their dislike towards bikers by driving by as fast and close as possible.

teacherwoman said...

I am so glad you are able to get out there and enjoy the warmer temps. I have probably said that already, but it's great, isn't it!?

That feeling of running through cement after a ride on the bike is the weirdest ever! But, it feels great once you push through that and I know I am getting stronger! :)

Jon said...

A switch goes off in my personalty (towards nicer) when I am consistently outside in nice weather. Way to get out there! How far did you make it in 3 hours?

Aimee said...

Sounds like you had some great workouts, minus the idiot in the car! Be careful out there!

Unknown said...

YAY!! I'm so proud of you guys. I would have put a nice fat dent in his car :).

BTW - I shared the "wind factor" with a friend the other day. You know, that thing that happens when you all are biking and drivers think that you can hear them approaching. She had no idea so I felt good about educating her :).

Kim said...

yay for being speedy! ugh what an annoyance with that fat guy. i would have reported his license plate!

and please, you are speedy in the pool!! great job!

poor siena just lost :( damn my bracket!

Judi said...

be careful! i swear i am gonna start carrying a stun gun when i ride for fat ass freaks like that!