- Today is my fabulous mom's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA! As far as mom's go, I hit the jackpot with mine... not only has she been a fabulous mom, she's a great friend and for a girl, that's an amazing thing to share with your mom. I'm very fortunate to live nearby, talk to her
once, twice, multiple times a day, laugh with her, cry with her, and share life with her. Hope the anniversary of your 29th birthday was a good one (and look at what a great daughter I am... didn't even type what anniversary it is!)
- My sister, who also happens to be one of my very best friends (I'm a lucky girl) and her husband are starting a very exciting journey in their lives. They are starting the process of adoption. I don't talk about my family's personal stuff much on my blog, but if you can do me a favor and just keep them in your thoughts, I'd be forever grateful. It's going to be a long process, with lots of i's to dot and t's to cross. And their success in being matched with a birth mother will be very much in their own hands. If you know of ANYONE who might be looking for an adoptive parent for their child or someone else's, please let me know. They are going to be amazing parents (and I'm a little biased when I think I'll rock at being an Aunt!)
- My twin from another mother and I were texting the other day and she totally cracked me up. I was telling her that I needed to find the motivation to get out for my 11 mile run. Her response was "Just think of it as a date with your husband and you iPod. Time to perfect you ability to memorize and repeat lyrics". Great advice. But her follow up was even better "I like to break out in song and dance while running. Makes me feel like I'm part of a musical staring ME!!!". Oh my gosh... this is why I love you!
- I made it through that run, albeit without an iPod, but I can't confirm or deny that I didn't sing to myself at some point throughout the run.
- My Ironman Cycle post (found here) seems to have hit the right chord with a lot of people at just the right time. I hope that it helps some of you. I know that I'll go back and re-read a lot of my own advice as my journey continues.
- Tom and I (okay, maybe it's just me, but whatever) are obsessed with the Race Across America. Last year at this time, I was propping my eyelids open in Annapolis, waiting to Team Type 1 to come in. It was an exciting time, and although they didn't break their own record, it was exciting seeing the guys come across the finish line in first again. Although they don't have a team in the race this year, I've been stalking the results to see if any of the 8-man teams would be able to break the record. It's going to be close... but I think TT1 will keep it. Awesome... especially knowing the tail winds that these guys might have had propelling them through, oh, I don't know, the WHOLE state of Kansas. Tell me that diabetics can't do something...
- Speaking of diabetics, did I tell you the guys are running across the country? Just because they can? 10 guys from Team Type 1 will be starting the trek in October. I can't wait to tell you more about it. 15 days of running, starting in California, ending in NYC on World Diabetes Day. It's not a death sentence in our family... it's opportunity!
- I'm racing again this weekend. So excited... a local Olympic. And I'm racing naked again. What do I have to lose?
- And then we're heading to the casino. We might have a gambling problem (although to my defense, I spend like $50 all night playing penny slots and am giddy like a school girl). Oh... and we booked a trip to Vegas in September. Post REV3 Full / Interbike. Loving it!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Oh why not
Why not post another random blog day with lots of bullets??? :) You know you love them
stalk check on the RAAM results.
Ramblings by Unknown at 11:31 PM
Labels: adoption, Las Vegas, Mom's birthday, RAAM, REV3, Run Across America, Team Type 1
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Lately, I been meeting alot of athletes that have diabetes and I am telling them about TT1
I am really jealous you are going to Interbike
love the bullet pointed blog post! good luck this weekend ladybug!!
Interbike ...whoa! LOTS of PICS PLEASE!!!
Good luck in the race this weekend!
I like to take a hundred bucks to the blackjack table and go to town... and drink like a fish while I'm doing it ;-) Good thing I don't live near any casinos!
Awesome! I love bullets, I can follow them :) My life is processed that way haha.
Good luck to the adoption... have heard good and bad stories about the process, if anything it is definitely intimidating to me!
Have an awesome weekend!
I sometimes nerd it up and put some show tunes or some glee tunes on and kind of sing while I go...I mean if no one is around of course, cause I can't sing.
Great post! So many exciting bits of news! Sorry, I've been out of the blog loop for so long. Miss my blog friends! :)
Happy Birthday to mom and happy gambling :)
I was doing bullet post all of the time and then stopped. I think I will go back to it. makes for an easy read.
Thanks for the input on the IMKY Ohio River swim. I am not counting on any current to magically push me along. I am really needed to focus more on the swim workouts... and I am already doing this. posting my slackness helped get my butt in gear.
the first person who ever gave me any guidance in Triathlon raced RAAM that same year-it is so cool. I have always wanted to do it...one day.
Good Luck in your race, "au naturale"
Good luck with the race. And the casino.
Thanks for the little shout out. As I sit here with the PILE of paperwork on my lap, I can't but feel extremely lucky to have your love and support. Good luck this weekend (not that you NEED luck)! And make sure you play the Village People game for me! X o x o
I LOVE your random posts with so many bullets Colleen! Good luck at your tri this weekend!
From experience I can tell you that being an Aunt is awesome! Good luck to your sister and her husband!
Happy birthday to your mom!
All the best to your sis w/the adoption. My sis adopted and it didnt take long at all...you just never know.
Happy birthday to your mom and good luck to your sister and her husband. They will be awesome parents!
Good luck at your tri this weekend and I hope you win big playing penny slots. :)
Good luck on your race this weekend. I'll use you as motivation in mine! :)
The whole online diabetes community is a mazes.me!
Love blog posts with bullet points. I was just thinking today that I may just do all of my posts in that manner.
Have a great naked race this weekend!
When I go to Vegas (not for Interbike), I had losing money so I stick to the nickel and penny slots. Still fun, right?
I think that what your sis and hubby are doing is fantastic. I was adopted :) by the best parent's anyone could hope for.
I love bullets!
Best of luck to your sister and her husband!
Love racing naked.
Interbike sounds so cool.
Just because I can say it "you rock" Hope you won some $$ at the casino. Interbike sounds absolutly awesome. Too cool :-)
I love random posts! I hadn't heard about that diabetes run - that is awesome!
hope your naked race went well! And that's so exciting about your sister : )
how cool is that!?! I am all for a naked season, sound good?
Post a Comment