Everyone keeps asking how long I'll take off and relax after the Ironman - it's been 8 days since I've exercised and I'm starting to go nuts. I wanted to take a week and just have time to myself and I'm so ready to get back in the gym. Tomorrow we'll start our new schedule and I'm super excited. We're going to swim, bike and run, incorporate some speed, some weight training, etc, but it's all going to be at a pace that excites me... slow and steady! On the way home from Florida Tom and I talked about our goals for the next year and tomorrow is when I'll start working toward them. I'm really excited.
My 2009 goals:
1. 135 heavy weight (which means that when I'm feeling fat and bloated, I'm 135. HA! That amounts to 132-135 all the times). I'm starting back on WW tomorrow.
2. Run a sub 1:55 half marathon (My PR is a 1:56:38)
3. Run a sub 24:00 5k (I don't think that I've ever timed a 5k)
4. Run a 4:10 marathon (my PR is a 4:44:48 in Chicago)
5. Run sub 8:40’s at all local tri's (we do at least 3 a year and they are all sprints or Olympics)
6. Swim a sub 30:00 Craig Thompson Olympic (for some reason, I haven't been able to swim under a 32:00 1500k at his races)
7. Do a 6:10:00 half Ironman (my PR is a 6:41:18 - yikes)
8. Podium at least 50% of my races
9. Run a sub 4:50 Ironman Marathon (this year I ran a 5:04:55)
10. Do a real push up (I'm an Ironman but can't do a real push up... sad huh??)
I think they are all VERY achievable and I'll keep revisiting them as the year goes on. Gives me something to work out.
Oh... how do you like the new blog? A little tribute to a cause that I'm very passionate about. I thought it was time for a change!