Everyone keeps asking how long I'll take off and relax after the Ironman - it's been 8 days since I've exercised and I'm starting to go nuts. I wanted to take a week and just have time to myself and I'm so ready to get back in the gym. Tomorrow we'll start our new schedule and I'm super excited. We're going to swim, bike and run, incorporate some speed, some weight training, etc, but it's all going to be at a pace that excites me... slow and steady! On the way home from Florida Tom and I talked about our goals for the next year and tomorrow is when I'll start working toward them. I'm really excited.
My 2009 goals:
1. 135 heavy weight (which means that when I'm feeling fat and bloated, I'm 135. HA! That amounts to 132-135 all the times). I'm starting back on WW tomorrow.
2. Run a sub 1:55 half marathon (My PR is a 1:56:38)
3. Run a sub 24:00 5k (I don't think that I've ever timed a 5k)
4. Run a 4:10 marathon (my PR is a 4:44:48 in Chicago)
5. Run sub 8:40’s at all local tri's (we do at least 3 a year and they are all sprints or Olympics)
6. Swim a sub 30:00 Craig Thompson Olympic (for some reason, I haven't been able to swim under a 32:00 1500k at his races)
7. Do a 6:10:00 half Ironman (my PR is a 6:41:18 - yikes)
8. Podium at least 50% of my races
9. Run a sub 4:50 Ironman Marathon (this year I ran a 5:04:55)
10. Do a real push up (I'm an Ironman but can't do a real push up... sad huh??)
I think they are all VERY achievable and I'll keep revisiting them as the year goes on. Gives me something to work out.
Oh... how do you like the new blog? A little tribute to a cause that I'm very passionate about. I thought it was time for a change!
First, congrats again on finishing IM #1. You're right. You just can't explain to people what that feels like. Also wanted to tell you that i love the new look around here! Rest up a little bit, even if you are crawling out of your skin. You want to be refreshed enough to be excited about training for IMFL 09!
If you are going to exercise in this next month I just suggest weight lifting and anything non impact!
But that's just my recommendation!
The new site looks great!
Oh, the push ups. Being able to do the pushups is going to help you achieve your other goals.
Have a good winter! Ironman!
Lots of luck with the goals!
Those are some great goals, girlie! I know you will kick butt at 'em all!!!
Come visit Nancy with Liz and me sometime - you'll be doing pushups in no time!
Great goals!! Reading your list is motivating me to create my own. I'm going to try the 100 pushup challenge again (I keep getting to week 4 and stopping). You could give it a shot too: http://hundredpushups.com/
Awesome goals and great new layout! Push ups are a GREAT core workout!! I'm quite fond of them! Congrats again Ironman!
If it makes you feel any better, I ran a 3:37:00 IM marathon and I can only do about 6 push ups without feeling winded.
Push up are overrated and for people who aren't Ironmen!
1) LOVE THE GOALS! I think you can check off all of them.
2) Love the new digs.
weights girlie. you need a weight lifting program!
Congrats on becoming an Mdot... it's something you'll never lose! Your goals are so very achievable... just keep looking foward :)
Great job on the Ironman. Thats awesome! Seeing your goals has inspired me to make a few of my own. Thank you.
I wanted to ask if you would e-mail me your diet coke/devils food cake recipe? I think this would be the perfect dish for all the holiday potlucks. At least dessert will be guilt-free! Thanks. firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment